PayneGroup AutoNext is a simple macro that allows you to create documents with sequentially updating numbers. Each time you create a document based on a template that contains the SeqNum bookmark, the numbering automatically updates in the correct sequence. For example, Case No: 624, Case No: 625 and so on.
Download (save) the setup file to a local or network folder. Run the setup file and the template pcgSeqNum.dot will automatically be placed in Word's STARTUP folder.
1. Open the template you wish to insert the updating SeqNum bookmark into.
2. Position your cursor in the template location where you want the number to appear.
3. Click Insert SeqNum Bookmark on the PCG SeqNum toolbar.
4. Save and close the template.
5. Create new documents based on the template. Each document will auto number sequentially.
Note: When you insert the SeqNum field into the template, the number (or field) will not display onscreen. In order to view the updating number, you must create documents based on the template.
|Sequentially auto numbers each new document based on a specific template|
|Seemless integration with Word|
|Macro can work with any template|
|Each template's specific information is stored separately in the registry|
|PCG AutoNext works with Microsoft Word 2000 or higher|